Sunday 5 July 2015

Cherishing Childhood With Kellogs Chocos

source


Kellogg's being one of the best companies  which has brought the best products from many years has brought the philosophy  of Khuljaye bachpan” which is something really initiating for the parents these days.As chocos being the most liked chocolaty breakfast my child prefers,its new theme is also equally interesting.With its shapes like the Moons and Stars,Planets and Stars,the theme encourages kids to be kids.Childhood being the most happening, learning and unforgettable days which would not be repeated in any phase of life again can now be bought back at least a little by changing our view towards life. Kellogg’s brings us a chance to bring back those lovely days. Kids in the recent generation are almost equally knowledgeable like adults and in some cases more. So, instead being authoritative I try my best to give importance to my daughter’s ideas, understand them and encourage her to develop more creative thoughts. Its best to be more like a friend to the child rather than being dominating. This would help the child share every thought and knowledge she possesses and encourages her to explore many new things. Thus, I make sure I am always supportive towards her and give her a chance to implement her new ideas.


source


Being part of the kids world is one of the most interesting thing if one really tries from the bottom of their heart. Its a whole different world with superb ideas and creativity which cannot be compared with adult ideas. Viewing things in a different way and trying to get excellent solutions to any question in their own way is simply appreciating. I really wonder when my little princess who is five years old shares with me many things how she would love to do some kind of work in a different way. i feel really surprised by the way they look at things and the way they choose to  come to solutions. Just for example, I was trying to help her on a project given in school and was trying to get new thoughts to make something interesting. In the meanwhile, she told me things which were really easy and very attractive. I without any doubt patted her and praised her for that and implemented what she said. This made her really very happy and gave her space to share any idea her mind pops up with me. I always make sure to encourage her and make sure to correct anything wrong with her in a positive way. This helped me in creating a bond with her and make her feel secured and confident at the same time.
source


I really support Kellogg’s Chocos for bringing the concept of “Khuljaye Bachpan” which is about being unrestricted and fearless. I personally experienced that whenever I restricted my child from doing any kind of act which is harmful,she was more inquisitive to know what it could be. So, slowly I began to change my style and instead of restricting her for anything, I was trying to show her what it could lead to. Supporting her and being with her for example, in the swimming where the depth was too much for her, but she wanted to try going into it. So, I had to fulfill her desire and at the same time make her know the affects associated with it. Because the more I restrict her, the more she would want to do it.then,I myself slowly took her into the area of the pool where it was much deep. She enjoyed being there and was happy ,so she was satisfied. Then, I slowly left my hand and she was scared that she was drowning. There, she understood why I was stopping her from going into the depth alone.


 Now a days we have become so busy and driving our kids towards being Doctors and Engineers that we have forgotten the bliss of childhood. Parents are stressing kids so much from very tender age that children are getting away from being what they should be at their respective age. This way we are stealing the very important and fun filled days and replacing them with stress and extreme studies. It is very important to give space to the child to think and act only how much their age prefers and not more than that. I always try to make sure I do not stop her desire of doing anything interesting she feels. From very little like kneading the flour, rolling the chapattis to helping me in writing the grocery list and picking up groceries from the grocery store, I motivate her. Being dominative and authoritative would only make my child being not bonded towards me.From her childhood, I made sure I keep repeating things which are very bad and would end up in great disasters.So,she does not even thinks of getting any such things in mind.So,lets make our child’s bachpan as it should be and let her enjoy every moment of it.As the kids grow, their levels of maturity increases with their age and they would understand and pick up things faster and gradually would set goals.So,we as parents need to give them space to enjoy their precious childhood,mke them feel secured,confident and fearless and thus making them perfect individuals.


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully articulated. I have been reading a lot on this topic and it's interesting to see that contrary to what the internet suggests, more and more parents feel that buddy parenting is the way to go. No parenting technique can beat being buddies with you bachcha.

    Here's my post on the prompt, do give it a read please :)
    https://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=493916

    ReplyDelete